Friday, October 26, 2007

A Dream

A dream I didn't remember until just now, all I did remember was that it was sad and I woke up in tears. I dreamt of this maybe two nights ago.
It started that I was laying in bed sleeping and my cell phone rang, it was a paramedic from the Washoe Medical Center, notifying me that my mother had perished in a car accident. Now for a moment I consider going to school or calling my Uncle and telling him the horrible news, but then I am completely drained of all energy and I fall back into bed. I lay there and sleep through phone calls, presumably from my friends boyfriend and school as to where I am and why I'm not there. I must have been laying there for at least a few days, in a depressed almost trance like state, because then people are coming over to my house knocking and yelling and trying to get in which of course they can't. When these people come over I drudge around slowly and listen to their worries and at one point K comes and mentions that she has to call my man, cause she is sure he will know what is going on.
Well he doesn't and the calls just keep pouring in and I just never pick up. Now one day I am for some reason laying on my living room floor and I hear a quiet polite knock, a far contrast to the loud demanding knocks of so many others. I get up and walk toward my door but before I get there the lock turn smooth and silently. When it opens I am greeted to my man standing there in the doorway, expressionless. He stands in the doorway for a very long time just looking at me. When he finally moves he only opens his mouth to ask, "What's wrong?" I stand there for a while then I step towards him and say, "She's dead" in a monotone voice no feelings to speak of. Well he finally steps into the house and when he does I instantly start to cry, though it was more of a body shaking sob. And as I move to stumble towards him, he is already there holding me up while I just cry. Just standing with me, and I think it was for a span of days, then when I finally stop he hold my shoulders, smiles, and says, "You should eat something."
There is where I awoke crying and a little scared with no reason in mind. It was a very odd night, but I know that it was my subconcious trying to tell me that I should trust him more and let him in because I know he would be the one, if only, that no matter what will always be there to hold me when I'm weak and be there when I need him.

No comments: